Thursday, December 18, 2008

School's Out For... Forever







This spooky old school foundation was found in the ghost town of Keota, Colorado. It's not a big place and has only a few remaining buildings, including the foundation of a school, which is shown here. This place has an interesting history as the center of the cattle industry and certain kinds of agriculture. I also learned that the author James Michener based his book Centennial in the area. Now I'll have to go read it.

Words can't describe the scary feeling that crept over me as I approached this building. Unlike peering into the window of an abandoned building, there was something particularly affecting about the vacuousness of this building placed on such an empty piece of land. It was just too empty.

3 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Surreal photos Ezekiel.....Good job. I too feel these are little uncertain...

Thank you for your lovely post regarding awards and connections. Rhi and I very much appreciate you
Linda

Linda S. Socha said...

P.S. you are definitely a photographer...Love your shots
Linda

Ezekiel Barzillai Smythe said...

Linda, thanks for your kindness, as always. I love looking for clues and solutions in life, in every way, so I am glad to meet other curious souls along the way.